If you suffered a bodily injury, you should consult a lawyer from a bodily injury law firm San Antonio, TX residents trust. You may be eligible to receive compensation. An experienced lawyer can help you pursue a timely lawsuit and look out for your best interests.
What is a Bodily Injury?
A bodily injury is any type of physical injury that occurs to the body. It can range from minor to severe and temporary to permanent. Common types of bodily injuries include lacerations, burns, broken bones, head injuries, internal bleeding and spinal cord injuries.
What Compensation Is Available for a Bodily Injury?
If you endured a bodily injury during an accident that was another person’s fault, you may be entitled to compensation. Here are some of the damages your lawyer from a bodily injury law firm in San Antonio, TX may help you go after:
- Medical Bills: Depending on the type of injury you suffered, you could have some hefty medical bills on your hands. For example, if you broke a bone in more than one place, may be required to have surgery.
- Lost Wages: If you suffered a serious bodily injury, you have likely had to take time off work to recover.
- Long-Term Care: Some bodily injuries are so severe that they require long-term care. For instance, if you suffered a severe traumatic brain injury, you may have to stay at a long-term care facility.
- Pain and Suffering: Pain and suffering includes the pain and discomfort you may endure in the future because of the defendant’s carelessness. For example, if you suffered a head injury, you may have to deal with severe migraines.
What Types of Evidence Do You Need?
In order to have a successful bodily injury claim, you must have sufficient evidence. Here are several types of evidence you may use.
- Photos: If you have visible physical injuries, such as cuts or lacerations, you should take photos of them from several angles.
- Police Report: If police came to the accident scene where you were injured, they likely created a report that includes details about the accident. Obtain a copy of the report for your records.
- Medical Records: Medical records, such as x-rays and lab test results, show the details of your injuries, including the long-term effects of them. Your personal injury lawyer in San Antonio, TX can help you obtain these records.
- Medical Bills: Treating a bodily injury isn’t cheap. To showcase how your injury impacted you financially, keep your medical bills handy.
Schedule an interview with a lawyer from a bodily injury law firm in San Antonio, TX.