Personal Injury Lawyer San Antonio TX
Accidents can be devastating, and fortunately, an experienced personal injury lawyer San Antonio, TX victims recommend, is available to help you face your case head-on. The days following your accident will be critical, and victims must take the appropriate steps right from the start to ensure you receive the care you need and safeguard your case. Finding a lawyer to represent you with the tenacity and experience you need will be necessary. The Law Office of John W. Shaw, PLLC, has not only the expertise you rely on but can provide you with the support that you need to ensure the best outcome possible.
Take the Rights Steps, From the Start
The wake of an accident can be incredibly overwhelming. At the scene, chaos is sure to ensue, and the days to follow can be rife with physical pain. Knowing where to start and who to turn to can be challenging. To protect yourself, victims must take the proper steps immediately following an accident:
- Make sure that police are called to the scene
- File a police report or accident report
- Seek medical attention immediately
- Follow the doctor’s orders
- Gather as much evidence as possible
- Contact a lawyer
Personal injury cases can be complicated and overwhelming, especially when managing physical injuries and the pain that is sure to follow. Our personal injury lawyer in San Antonio, TX can help sort through the different facets of the law and ensure that the proper steps are taken to receive the best outcome possible.
Finding a Lawyer to Represent You
You don’t have to be entirely sure that you are taking legal action to search for a lawyer in the area. However, by taking the time to find a lawyer to represent you will be critical. This will allow you to receive the best possible way to move forward with your case and ensure that you choose a professional that you can depend on. Here are some things to keep in mind when searching for a lawyer:
- Conduct online research
- Speak with people you know
- Read reviews available online
- Only consider lawyers with personal injury experience
- Meet with prospective lawyers
- Prepare for your consultation ahead of time
While the task of finding a lawyer may seem like a lot of work, the time you put into finding a legal professional will allow for the best possible resolution to your case.
Signs You Should Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
At our law firm, we have experience representing clients who have not been adequately compensated for their damages, injuries, and losses. This may be either due to the long-term aspects of their injuries, the insurance company refuses to pay, they are underinsured, or other complicated legal issues. Accidents are always disorienting and harrowing, especially if the victim only narrowly escaped with their life.
Accidents commonly result in grievous injuries that are costly in medical expenses. By obtaining a legal team to represent your accident as it is being handled, it helps to protect your best interests. Additionally, it can make all the difference to have someone to seek justice and monetary compensation for your recovery.
Not every acident requires getting support from a legal professional. However, if any of these elements apply to your case, then we strongly recommend doing so as soon as possible:
- You were severely injured. In states where the insurance company for the person at-fault is responsible for covering medical costs of the victim driver, less serious injuries are not likely to exceed a policy limit. But if an injury is severe, the victim risks only being compensated for a small portion of what they have to pay out of their own pocket for treatment of injuries (as a result of the liable party’s insurance policy limits).
- There was a defective product or mechanical failure. If there is reason to suspect that an accident was because of a malfunction of a vehicle part, then it is vital that you contact a lawyer. The legal process for proving a third party manufacturer was liable for the accident can be confusing. We can ensure that you have the proper documentation and that a full investigation of the accident is performed.
- You are on permanent or long-term disability. If your injuries resulted in chronic pain and/or long-term disability, then you will need someone to help you fight for fair compensation so you can recover without draining your bank account. We firmly believe that victims should not have to pay for medical bills that accumulated because someone else was being negligent or reckless. We can aggressively pursue restitution from the offending party or parties.
- The insurance agency is not paying enough. You may have already accepted a settlement offer by the insurance company, but soon realized it wasn’t enough to cover your losses. Or maybe you haven’t accepted a settlement offer yet, and want to kow whether you should take it or not. Without even knowing how much they offered you, we would probably guess that the amount is not sufficient to compensate you 100% for losses and damages. That is why you need a lawyer of your side, to watch out for your best interests so you don’t get taken advantage of.
Experience You Can Rely On
After searching for a lawyer, we are confident that you will find our services to stand out from all the others. Our firm is dedicated to helping clients who face the most challenging times of their lives with compassion and dedication. When facing such a difficult time, you can rest assured that you are in our trusting and capable hands. Our distinguished and confident lawyer is prepared to help you tackle your case head-on with our years of experience.
An accident that has resulted at the hands of a negligent party can be incredibly challenging to deal with. The process of managing a legal case will call on the services that our team can provide. In Texas, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases is two years, meaning the time to act is now. Contact our San Antonio, Texas personal injury lawyer to learn more about our Law Office of John W. Shaw, PLLC services and how we can best represent you.